Idly is considered as the most delicious south Indian dishes to taste. Normally Idlis are prepared in many kinds and many varieties.These are served as 2 for a plate with a cup of chutney and sambar.Normally Idlis are prepared with a batter which is marinated for 5-6 hours but this is a kind of Idli that can be prepared instantly.Very delicious and quick and named as Rava Idli or Perugu Idli.
- Bombay rava (sooji coarse) : 1 cup
- Curd / yogurt : 2 cups
- Oil : 1 tbspn
- Mustard : 1 tspn
- Jeera : 1 tspn
- Red chillies : 2
- Cashews : 10
- Curry leaves : 10
- asefoetida : pinch
- Salt : as required
- Cooking soda : 1/4 tspn
- Fry rava in 1/2 tbspn of oil lightly on a low flame till the raw smell goes.
- Heat remaining oil in a pan , fry all the spices along with curry leaves , asefoetida and cashew nut till their color lightly changed.
- Take a bowl ,add roasted rava , curd , all the seasonings and salt. Mix well and keep it aside for 30 mins (marinate it).
- Before adding the batter to the idly plates add cooking soda to the batter and mix well.
- Take laddle ( big spoon/garita) full of batter and fill the idly plates.
- Cook it for 15-20 mins on steam.
- Serve hot with chutney.