Pulihora (Tamarind rice) is an authentic , delightful Andhra recipe which is offered as a prashadam for Gods at the time of festivals.This is very tasty and easy to Prepare.
- Rice : 2 cups (cook such that each grain is separate, spread to cool)
- Tamarind : big lemon sized (soak in a cup of water and extract a thick pulp from it)
- Turmeric :1/2 tspn
- Green chillies : 4(split lengh-wise)
- Dry red chillies : 3
- Cumin seeds : 1 tspn
- Musrard seeds : 1 tspn
- Urad dal : 1tbspn
- Jaggery : 1 tspn
- Salt : as per taste
- Curry leaves(fresh) : 15
- Asefoetida : 1/4 tspn
- Peanuts : 1/2 cup
- Oil : 4 tbspn
- Heat oil in a vessel , add cumin seeds , mustard seeds and let them crackle.Now add asefoetida(inguva) , urad dal , splitted green chilles , red chillies , few curry leaves and peanuts.
- Roast them properly until the peanuts turned to light golden brown color.
- Now add Tamarind pulp , turmeric ,Salt to it and let it cook for 6-7 mins until the oil seperates from the paste.
- when it forms like a paste,then remove it from the flame and let the paste cool down.
- Now mix it well with the boiled rice .
- It tastes too good when this is taken after 2 hours from the time of preparation.
Rasya's Vegeterian Food & Me