- Potatoes : 1 big (boiled and mashed)
- Bread slices : 6
- Onions : 1 big (cut length wise)
- Mustard seeds : 1tspn
- Cumin seeds : 1 tspn
- Salt : as per taste
- Chilli powder : 1/2 tbspn
- Asefotida : a pinch
- Turmeric : a pinch
- Dhania (coriander) Powder : 1 tspn
- Cashews : 6 (split and cut into small pieces)
- coriander : few leafs
- Oil : for deep fry
- Heat 1 tbspn oil in a pan. Add mustard,cumin seeds and let them splitter.
- Add a pinch of asefotida, onions, cashews and fry them till they turn to golden brown.
- Now add salt, chilli powder, a pinch of turmeric and mashed potatoes
- Let it cook for few minutes. Add little dhania powder and finally add chopped coriander .
- Let it cool and make them small lemon sized balls and keep it aside
- Now take each bread slice and remove the borders. Dip it in the water for a half a second, then ooze out the water from it with your hands by lightly pressing on it.
- Now take it as base for bondas and stuff the aloo ball in it and cover it properly using the bread base.
- Now you will get a big ball of bread with potato stuff inside it.
- Make all the balls similarly and keep it aside
- Now take a kadai, heat oil for deep fry. On a medium flame fry all the bondas till golden brown color.
- Bread bondas are now ready and can be served with Podina Chutney or Sause of your choice.
Dr. Sameena's Snacks Event