- Atukulu / Poha (Rice flakes) : 1 cup
- Curd : 1 cup
- Rice : 3 cups
- Cooking soda : 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt : as required
- Wash the rice properly and Soak in water for 5 hours.
- Wash the rice flakes in water and soak in curd for 2 hours.
- Now grind the soaked rice and soaked riceflakes together to a fine paste.
- Let dosa batter sit for overnight.(if you want to make dosa this morning you need to grind the mixture the before day and let the batter sit for the whole night).The batter will become more as we compared to the batter when grinded.Mix it well properly.
- Add salt ,soda and little water .
- Heat the iron tawa ,let it heat.Now sprinkle little water on it to test whether it heated.
- When the tawa gets heated put it in a medium flame , take a laddle full of batter and start making dosa in circular motion.
- Pour the batter in the middle of the tawa and spread it outwards. It should be little thick than the normal dosa.
- Add 1/2 spoon of oil and cover it with a lid.(you can also avoid oil as it cooks with steam.)
- After the dosa is cooked properly you can observe few holes forming on it.That is the sign your dosa is ready.No need to turn the dosa to the other side.
- Now you can serve the dosa with chutney or karam