How about adding crunchiness to the recipes ? Nice one right ? This is a one pot meal recipe made using the carrots ,coconut and peanuts . All these having a lot of crunchiness in their behavior makes this dish more crunchy and tasty . This is colorful and flavored too.
- Rice : 2 cups (boiled and cooled)
- Carrot : 1 cup (shredded)
- Green peas : 1/2 cup (boiled)
- Dried coconut : 1/4 cup (shredded)
- Green chillies : 3-4 (split length-wise)
- Onions : 1 ( length-wise thinly sliced)
- Jeera(cumin) : 1 tspn
- Roasted peanuts : 1/8 cup
- ginger -garlic paste : 1 tblspn
- Salt : as per taste
- Oil : 1 tblspn
- Biryani masala : 1 tblspn ( i used everest biryani masala)
- Coriander leaves :few
- Heat oil in a vessel , add cumin seeds ,ginger garlic paste and fry for a minute .
- when it start crackling add onions ,green chillies,a pinch of salt and fry till the onions turn golden brown color.
- Add shredded carrot , shredded dry coconut , and saute them well closing a lid on a high flame for 5-6 mins.
- Make sure it should not stick to the bottom of the vessel .
- when the carrot become little soft , add cooked green peas , biryani masala , and fry for 2-3 mins.
- Adjust salt , add the cooked rice and stir it well till each grain is coated evenly with the carrot mixture.
- Dry roast the peanuts on a medium flame , let it cool and peel of the skin .
- Add fresh coriander leaves and crunchy peanuts before serving ..:)