Paratha is a yummy and mouth watering dish which has a scope for lot of variety. I like to prepare parathas a lot because you donot need to prepare an extra curry for that :) . One can serve any paratha with just curd, pickle or simple raitha. Paratha is even more yummy when its slightly brushed with butter. Parathas can be prepared in no time. Paratha to me was aloo paratha when I was kid. But in the recent year, have been trying a variety of these parathas with stuffings of carrot , palak , gobi etc. This is one of my favourite beside aloo paratha .Try it and relish its taste.
For Paratha :
For Paratha :
- Wheat flour : 2 cups
- Salt : 1/4 tspn
- Water : for kneading
- Oil : 2 tblspn
- Carrot : 1 1/2 cup(shredded)
- Potato : 1/2 (boiled)
- Green chillies : 3-4(finely chopped)
- Ginger : 1/2 tspn (grated)
- Salt : as required
- Coriander leaves : 1 tblspn (finely chopped)
- Garam masala : 1 tspn
- Oil : 1tblspn
- Combine wheat flour with salt and oil . Knead well by slowly adding water to make a firm, yet soft dough. Cover it with a wet cloth and keep it aside for 15-20 mins.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add ginger, green chillies and fry for 1 min.
- Combine carrot with it , add salt and saute for 2 mins .
- Add mashed potato , garam masala , coriander leaves and mix well. Cool it and make a small lemon sized circles from it.
- Remove the wet cloth from dough and knead the dough again . Pick a lemon sized ball from it. Dust the working surface with little flour and make a 3-4" round circle using a rolling pin.
- Place stuffing on the circled dough and bring all the edges of the dough to the center covering the stuffing.
- Again dust the surface with flour and make a 6"circle using a rolling pin.
- Heat the tawa. once hot, add the paratha and cook for 10 secs and turn the paratha and cook for another 15 secs.
- Let it cook on both sides till small brown dots appear on the paratha.
- Add ghee or butter while cooking or before serving (according to your choice) . Serve hot with curd and pickle.