- Beans : 2 cups
- Onions : 2
- Tomatoes : 2
- Mustard : 1 tspn
- Cumin : 1 tspn
- Urad dal : 1 tspn
- Asefoetida : a pinch
- Curry leaves : a few
- Oil : 1 tblspn
- Salt : as required
- Dry red chillies : 6-7
- Dhania : 1 tblspn
- Jeera : 1 tblspn
- Chena dal : 1 1/2 tblspn
- Fenugreek seeds : 6-7
- Galric pods : 4-5
- Oil : 1/2 tblspn
Heat oil in a pan , fry all the spices except garlic until they turn light brown color.Let them cool ,add garlic and grind it using a mixer.
- Cut off the two ends of the beans and remove the threads along the sides .Cut into 1"pieces and boil them using water and a pinch of salt.
- Heat oil in a pan , add mustard , cumin and let them splutter . Sprinkle a pinch of asefoetida , combine with urad dal .Let them fry till the color changed to golden brown.
- Add onions , salt and saute them until they turn soft . Then add tomatoes , a little water and saute on a low flame until they turn soft.
- Add the boiled beans after slightly squeezing the excess water from it.
- Fry for a minute and add 1 1/2 -2 tblspn of grinded masala and mix well.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on a medium flame adding little water to it.
- Once the curry becomes thick, turn off the stove.
- Serve hot with Rice or rotis.