Most of the kids , including me :) when I was kid do not like eating beetroot . Amma used to try diffrent varieties with this colourful vegetable like talimpu , juice , halwa , paratha . Now most of them are my favourites . This is one , very colorful and easy recipe. Kids will definitely love eating this, and may ask for more even :) . Here is the delicious one before you .Prepare and enjoy its delightful taste
- Beetroot : 1 cup ( grate and squeeze the water from it)
- Dates : 1/2 cup (chopped)
- Honey : 2 tblspn
- Rava (sooji ) : 1 tblspn
- Sugar : 1 tblspn
- Cashews :1/2 tblspn (chopped)
- Ghee : 2 tblspn
- Heat 1 tblspn of ghee in a pan. Fry cashews and rava till the raw smell goes n cashews turn golden brown.
- Heat the remaining ghee in a pan and saute the beetroot till the raw smell goes on a low-medium flame.
- Add the chopped dates , fried rava , fried cashews , sugar , honey , give a quick stir and turn off the stove.
- Allow it to cool , and make laddus. Garnish with fried cashewnuts.
Sending this to
Ravens Cook Eat Delicious - Picnic Desserts Event
Geetha's Sun Moon & Potatoes